The golf cart application types include the golf course, personal/residential, and commercial. North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are the prevalent regions of golf carts.The major markets for golf cart batteries in North America include the U.S. and Canada. However, in terms of growth rate, the golf cart battery market will be slower than the growth of other regions.
In developing Asian countries, the gradual popularization of the game of golf and let have a large population base will stimulate the growth of the golf cart battery market. Developing Asia will become the next big market for golf.
Global markets across industries have been affected by the coronavirus. The entire value chain of major industries is affected by also the new coronavirus outbreak. The golf cart market is also affected by the fact that most people stay indoors. Sales of golf carts declined during the outbreak, negatively impacting the lithium battery market. With the change in policy during the epidemic, coupled with the fact that golf carts are low power, easy to drive, and have a wide range of features, public demand for golf balls is again driving golf cart sales. Rapid urbanization, growth in per capita income, and increased tourism revenue are further driving consumer demand for golf carts.
Golf cart batteries mainly include lead-acid batteries and lithium batteries. The fastest-growing golf cart battery segment has proven to be lithium golf cart batteries. Lithium batteries have a stable efficiency output over the entire current range and do not lose power as the voltage drops. The large capacity allows the battery to last longer in golf carts. The charge time is short, but the power used is sufficient. Golf carts need to use deep cycle batteries for power propulsion, meeting deep discharge and operation at high capacity to provide a steady current over a longer period. Lead-acid batteries are low-cost in the short term, but have a short life span and require regular maintenance. Although the cost of lithium batteries is higher than lead-acid batteries in the short term, lithium batteries have a long life and are maintenance-free, with better safety features, so the development of demand for lithium-ion batteries in golf carts is optimistic. As the cost of lithium-ion batteries continues to decline and the capacity of the international market continues to grow, the cost advantage of lithium-ion batteries is even more obvious.
The consumer market for golf as a recreational activity is gradually increasing. For consumer demand, Golf Courses, and country clubs are growing fast, driving the global demand for golf cart batteries.The battery is a main part of a golf cart. The function of storing and releasing energy from the battery is one of the guarantees for proper operation.
- The replacement time of golf cart batteriesis specific for different reasons.
- the frequency of use of the golf cart;
- the type of battery: different types of batteries have different lifespans;
- external environment: the choice of batteries should have no fear of high or low temperatures;
- battery maintenance: choose maintenance-free batteries;
- What are the considerations for golf cart battery replacement?
- Choose the right battery, including capacity, voltage, size, etc;
- The need to cut off the power supply before replacement;
- Clean the battery connection ports to ensure good contact;
- Comply with the operating specifications and follow the instructions;
- Dispose of old batteries reasonably and recycle them professionally;